- March, 2017The Chicago Institute for Voice Care will host a workshop co-sponsored by the Chicago Chapter of The Voice Foundation on March 25-26 for singers and singing teachers called "What Makes A Singer Successful". Davin Youngs, a singing teacher in Chicago and Jeannette LoVetri, Singing Voice Specialist, from New York City, will join Dr. Steven Simms, Laryngologist, and Jan Potter Reed, Speech Language Pathologist. The two days will offer multiple useful options for singers and singing teachers including vocal health and hygiene information, vocal training insights, marketing for singers, repertoire selection and opportunities to sing for Ms. LoVetri, an internationally renowned singing teacher, an expert in singing training and a recognized authority in the vocal health communities. Early bird registration ends February 25th. Please view the flyer for additional information. For registration information, please visit the Chicago Chapter of The Voice Foundation.. For any other questions, please email Jan Potter Reed.
- April, 2017 On Saturday April 9, Jeanie will do a one-day Master Class/Intro to Somatic Voicework™ at Wheaton College in Norton MA, 9-4pm that will be open to everyone and is hosted by the Rhode Island NATS. On Sunday April 10, Jeanie will hold a Teacher support Group at Roger Williams University in Bristol Rhode Island, 1-5pm, fee $85 for SVW grads and Jeanie will work with students of SVW teachers in front of the group. Those interested in attending please contact Eden Casteel.
- April, 2017 Teacher Training Day, Saturday, April 29th, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in the Washington DC/Baltimore area for SVW teachers. Teachers work with each other with supervision from Jeanie, fee $125.
On Sunday, April 30th, 1:30 to 5:30, fee $85. Jeanie will work with students of SVW teachers in front of the group. Refreshments included. Location to be announced upon registration.
In addition, Jeanie is offering a free class on Friday evening, April 28th, from 7 to 9 pm, to discuss Somatic Voicework™ with anyone who would like to find out more about it. Those who might be contemplating doing any of the Levels at Baldwin Wallace next July are welcome to attend this informative evening session at no cost. There will be handouts and Jeanie will work with a few of the evening's participants. Those interested in attending should contact Jennifer Suess.
- July, 2017 We are pleased to announce the brand new three-level summer LoVetri Institute for Somatic Voicework™ at Baldwin Wallace University that will take place in July 2017, from the 22nd through the 30th with senior faculty Robert Doyle and Michelle Rosen. Guest faculty includes otolaryngologist Dr. Adam Rubin, speech language pathologist Dr. Claudio Milstein, broadway music director Tom Murray, faculty liaision Benjamin Czarnota, Grammy nominated jazz artist Kate McGarry, and body work expert Suzan Postel. This program, nationally and internationally recognized by singers, singing teachers, music educators and vocal professionals from speech language pathology, voice science and medicine, has graduated over 1200 individuals. Somatic Voicework™ is the first and original program for Contemporary Commercial Music Vocal Pedagogy and it continues to be ground-breaking in its new university residency with updated course material. For more detailed information and the link to registration, please visit LoVetri Institute at Baldwin Wallace web page. For any questions, please email Meredith Kurtz at Baldwin Wallace
- NEW January, 2017 2017 For the first time in South American, Somatic Voicework™ The LoVetri Method Level I was in Sao Paulo, Brazil, January 25-28 with enormous sucess. Prior to the Level I training, open master classes was presented by Jeanie.
- NEW January, 2017, For the first time in Australia, Somatic Voicework™ The LoVetri Method was presented in all three levels (I, II, and III) in Toowoomba, Australia (near Brisbane, January 8-15, at USQ Artsworx, University of Southern Queenslandand received with great enthusiasm.
- November, 2016 Jeanie was invited by noted laryngolgist Dr. Markus Hess to his new medical center, Stimmklinik, in Hamburg, Germany. She presented November 12-13, for full days. The weekend was open to all singers, singing teachers, speech language pathologists, laryngologists, choral conductors, actors, voice trainers and others interested in vocal health and Contemporary Commercial Music Vocal Pedagogy. For further information, please contact Jale Papila
- October, 2016 Teacher Training Day, Saturday, October 22nd, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in the Boston area for SVW teachers. Teachers worked with each other with supervision from Jeanie on day one, fee $125. On day two, Sunday, October 23rd, 1:30 to 5:30, fee $85. Jeanie worked with students of SVW teachers in front of the group. Refreshments included.
In addition, Jeanie came to Boston on Friday evening, October 21st, from 7 to 9 pm, to discuss Somatic Voicework™ with anyone who wanted to find out more about it. Those who might be contemplating doing any of the Levels at Baldwin Wallace next July were welcomed to attend this informative evening session at no cost. There were handouts and Jeanie workerd with a few of the evening's participants.
- October, 2016 Jeanie was a panel moderator at the 2016 Fall Voice Conference, a multi-disciplinary approach to the management of vocal disorders, October 13-15, 2016 at the double Tree resort, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- October, 2016 Teacher Training Day, Saturday, October 1st, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm in Washington, DC (area) for SVW teachers. Teachers worked with each other with supervision from Jeanie on day one, fee $125. On day two, Sunday, October 2nd, 1:30 to 5:30, fee $85. Jeanie worked with students of SVW teachers in front of the group. Refreshments were included. For further details please contact Jennifer Suess.
- July, 2016 Jeanie was invited to be guest faculty at the National Center for Voice and speech in Salt Lake City Utah, July 18-19, 2016. For more information contact director Dr. Ingo Titze.
- June, 2016 For the second time Jeanie has been invited to be a Master Teacher for the 25th anniversity of the NATS Internship Program at the University of North Carolina, Greensboro NC, June 7-17, 2016. For more information and applications please contact Kathryn Duax
- May, 2016 Our very first Level I Somatic Voicework™ LoVetri Method Training outside the US took place at Douglas College, 700 Royal Ave, New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada May 6-8, 2016 and was also enthusiastically received with another standing ovation.
copyright © The Voice Workshop 2001-2017, all rights reserved.