- Forbes,M. “A Tale of Two Pedagogues: A Cross Continental Conversation on CCM” Journal of Voice May/June 2018 P579-584 featuring Jeanie LoVetri
- Latour, M: “Who Inspires You? Jeanie LoVetri-Never Give Up” Classical Singer Vol 28(4) April 2015: 48-49
- LoVetri, J., Saunders-Barton, M., Means Weekly, E., ” A Brief Overview of Approaches to Teaching the Music Theatre Song” In Harrison S., D., O’Bryan, J., O., Eds. Teaching Singing in the 21St Century Springer 2014
- LoVetri, J, “Classical and Contemporary Commercial Music: A comparison” In Hoch, M., A Dictionary For The Modern Singer. Rowman & Littlefield 2014
- Allen, F.,“Singing a New Song”, Oberlin Alumni Magazine, 2014
- Latour, M: “Jeanie LoVetri: Taking the Heat” Classical Singer Vol 27(1) January 2014: 56-59
- LoVetri, J: “The Neccessity of Using Functional Training in the Independent Studio” Journal of Singing, Vol. 70, September/October 2013, 79-86
- LoVetri, J: “Voice Students: What is Healthy Belting?” Majoring in Music.com 2013
- LoVetri, J:”Can You Do It All” Classical Singer, Vol 26(5), May 2013: 38-41
- LoVetri, J: “Confusion about Belting: A Personal Observation” VoicePrints, Journal of the New York Singing Teachers’ AssociationSeptember-October 2012 4-7.
- Causey, Trish: “Voice Technique for Musical Theatre Singers” www.Stage-Directions.com March 2012
- Morris, R.J., Ternstöm, S., LoVetri, J., Berkun,D: “Long-Term Average Spectra From a Youth Choir Singing in Three Vocal Registers and Two Dynamic Levels” Journal of Voice, 2012 26(1) 30-36
- Woodruff N: “Contemporary Commercial Voice Pedagogy Applied to the Choral Ensemble: An Interview with Jeannette LoVetri“Choral Journal 2011; 52(5): 41-52.
- Tortora, J., Pitch Perfect Pipes: 13 Tips to Becoming a Better SingerMaking Music Magazine, September/October 2011. (Interview of Jeannette LoVetri)
- Barlow, C, LoVetri, J: “Closed Quotient and Spectral Measures of Female Adolescent Singers in Different Singing Styles” Journal of Voice,2010; 24(3): 314-318
- Weekly, E. M, and LoVetri, J: ” Follow-Up Contemporary Commercial Music (CCM) Survey: Who’s Teaching What in Nonclassical Music”Journal of Voice. 2009; 23(3): 367-375.
- Melton, Joan, PhD: “Singing in Musical Theatre: The Training of Singers and Actors”. New York: Allworth, 2007. (Chapter in Book)
- LoVetri, J, “Treatment of Injured Singers and Professional Speakers: The Singer/Actor, Singer/Dancer, and Singer/Musician”. In: Benninger, M. S. and Murry, T. The Performer’s Voice, San Diego, CA, Plural Publishing, 2006: 209-218
- Barnes-Burroughs, K, Watts C, Brown, O.L. and LoVetri, J: “The Visual/Kinesthetic Effects of Melodic Contour in Musical Notation as it Affects Vocal Timbre in Singers of Classical and Music Theater Repertoire” Journal of Voice, 2005; 19(3): 411-419.
- LoVetri, J: “Female Chest Voice”, Vocal Pedagogy Column of Richard Miller, Journal of Singing. 2003; 60(2): 161-164.
- LoVetri, J: “Who’s Minding the Store” Journal of Singing Vol 59(2), March 2003, 259 -252
- LoVetri, J., and Weekly, E. M: “Contemporary Commercial Music (CCM) Survey: Who’s Teaching What in Non-Classical Vocal Music” Journal of Voice. 2003; 17(2): 207-216.
- LoVetri, J: “Contemporary Commercial Music; More than one way to use the vocal tract” Journal of Singing Jan/Feb 2002
- Titze, Story, Smith, & Long: “A Reflex Resonance Model of Vocal Vibrato” Acoustical Society of America, Feb 2002. **J. Lovetri Research Associate
- Moline, JM, Golder, A.L: “Health Effects Evaluation of Theatrical Smoke, Haze, and Pyrotechnics”, Online article on Actors Equity website, June 6, 2000. *** J.Lovetri as Professional theatrical voice coach
- Surow, J.B., LoVetri, J: “Alternative Medical Therapy” Use Among Singers: Prevalence and Implications for the Medical Care of the Singer; Journal of Voice, Vol. 14, No 3, 2000
- LoVetri, J., Lesh, S., Woo, P: Preliminary Study on the Ability of Trained Singers to Control the Intrinsic and Extrinsic Laryngeal Musculature; Journal of Voice, Vol 13, No 2, 1999.
- LoVetri, J: “Preventing Vocal Abuse in Non-Classical Singers”, In: Bejjani, F. Current Research in Arts Medicine, Chicago, MEDArt International, Inc.; 1993: 519-521.
- Sundberg, J., Gramming, P., LoVetri, J: Comparisons of Pharynx, Source, Formant and Pressure Characteristics in Operatic and Musical Theatre Singing; Speech Transmission Laboratory, Quarterly Progress and Status Report, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockhom, Sweden, October 15, 1991.
This is a live recording, made on July 18, 2015, at Shenandoah Conservatory in Winchester, Virginia, at a recital given on campus. The first piece is “Ah, non credea mirarti” from Bellini’s “La Sonnambula”, the second clip is Stardust by Hoagy Carmichael, and the last piece is sung to the karaoke version of “Joy To The World” by Three Dog Night from the 1960s. All three pieces were made on the same night over a period of about 45 minutes. Jeanie LoVetri is creator of Somatic Voicework™ and was the creative founder of the Contemporary Commercial Music Vocal Pedagogy Institute in 2002. At the time of this performance she was 66 years old and had a left vocal fold paresis which was diagnosed in New York City in April of 2013 by Dr. Peak Woo